There are six directors that form the Executive Board (Exec) for RUPA. This group works together over the summer to prepare for the academic year and promote RUPA during summer orientation for incoming and transfer students. During the academic year, this board maintains the policies for the organization, manages the budget, approves all event proposals, and sets the goals of the council. Each Director is responsible for one of the six committees within RUPA. Assistant Directors (Council members) are assigned to committees and work to develop, market, and execute 50-100 events each academic year. RUPA Exec and Council meet every Monday night.
Approximately 20 Assistant Directors are selected each year to serve on one of the six committees under the direction of their Director. These Assistant Directors work on a committee team to manage the daily business of RUPA, plan and manage specific categories of programs, and market all events. One Assistant Director per each committee is designated as the Marketing representative for that respective committee.
RUPA plans approximately 150 events during the school year and is seeking about 10 students to provide event staffing, customer service, and logistical support.These students have the opportunity to work on events for all the committees. For more information about each committee, please see the Committee Descriptions on the next page.
Click the link for the application! https://megr.wufoo.com/forms/q108tgy30te1dtj/
Applications will close on October 3rd at 11:59 pm
- 2.5 GPA
- Flexible Schedule
- Must be able to adjust to fast changes
- Must attend 1 informational meeting to be considered for the position
- (1) In-person session on 9/27
- (2) Zoom meetings
- 9/28 at 8pm
- 9/29 at 8pm
- October 5th – October 8th
- Location: Zoom
- October 13th, 2021
- Time: 7pm
- Location: TBD
- Will learn:
- How to Navigate the Masterlist
- Will meet once a month on the first Monday of the month at 7PM, with the exception of the month of October
- Will be hosted by the HR Committee
- These meetings will be:
- October 18th
- November 1st
- December 6th
- SOS will staff a minimum of 2 events a month
- SOS will staff all AHOD (all hands on deck) events
- List of those events will be provided in January email update
- Masterlists will be released once training is complete
- A volunteer lead (member of Council) at each event will work with SOS to provide greater direction and explanation of roles in advance of events either through a “night before” email or a day of pre-event meeting
- At large events SOS will be paired with Council members to increase relationship building between members and also increase learning opportunities
- SOS will receive:
- Branded purple polo
- Brand ambassador t-shirt
- Black Quarter zip
- Given in $50 increments a month [October & November]
- $100 for the Fall, $150 for Spring
- Slack will be used for communication
- Emails will be sent for more official updates and information
- Google Drive will be used
- Masterlists will be shared as they have been since the beginning of the semester
This is a great first step to join one of the largest student run organizations on campus! Brand Ambassadors help spread awareness about RUPA and their events by attending events and sharing their experience on social media. Each semester, RUPA selects 10 Brand Ambassadors for this semester long opportunity.
RUPA will be holding two information sessions, one on September 27 at 6PM in the Livingston Student Center Coffeehouse (near Dunkin) and one on Zoom, September 28 at 8PM. Attend one of these sessions to learn about the perks of being a RUPA Brand Ambassador!
You MUST attend at least one session to become a Brand Ambassador.
Click here to RSVP for the Zoom session: https://rutgers.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwsce2rqD4tG9Tsm6RoeMR361hc1dFAjZde
Applications will open on September 27 and close at 10PM on October 3. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
FALL 2021–SPRING 2022
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATION
APPLY ONLINE: https://forms.gle/BJxemxucszoQNJAL8
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 3 @ 10PM
RUPA BRAND AMBASSADOR
Our organization strives to bring diverse programs that appeal to a wide array of student interests. In hopes of broadening the scope of students in attendance we are in need of roughly 10 undergraduates to serve as RUPA ambassadors. If selected, you will be a part of a team that is responsible for both marketing events and RUPA as a brand. Within this role you will have the ability to participate in an incentivized photo challenge at the start of each semester as well as receiving benefits dependent on your level of involvement as an ambassador which may include admission to attend events, large comedy show tickets, RU express gift cards, and MORE.
Timeline to Apply: This opportunity will provide invaluable marketing experience, allow you to meet other driven Rutgers students, and help to bring amazing events to life. Applications are due October 3 at 10PM. For any additional questions feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
- An active Instagram account with a minimum of 50 followers
- Meet all of the responsibilities noted below
- Attend a 1 hour information session (In-person: September 27, 2021 or via Zoom: September 28, 2021)
- Attend 1 training session (October 11, 2021 from 7-8PM at CASC or October 13, 2021 from 8-9PM at DSC)
- Attend 2 out of the 3 workshop meetings (October 19, 2021 from 6-7PM at BSC, October 25, 2021 from 7-8PM at CASC, or November 11, 2021 from 5-6PM at LSC)
- Attend at least 4 events during the fall semester- a list of events will be given in a week’s notice. You can attend any RUPA event.
- Spring meeting dates are TBD
- Attend a 1 hour focus group at the end of the semester (date TBD) to tell us about your experience
Social Media Requirements
- 8 pre-event posts for the semester (about a RUPA event)
- 4 event posts for the semester (must be present at the RUPA event)
- Tag RUPA and direct message post to RUPA Instagram (@RUPARutgers)
- *12 total posts for the semester (Can be more!)
Tips For Being A Stand Out Ambassador! Take your friends to the events, the more the better! Wear your RUPA shirt on campus and to events to show the RUPA brand.
- RUPA Hydroflask
- RUPA T-shirt
- BA exclusive lanyard when attending a RUPA event
- 2 Free tickets to RUPA Gym shows if applicable (Beats on the Banks, comedy shows, lectures)
- $50 RU Express Gift card at the end of the semester
RUPA is advised by three staff members and one graduate student from the Department of Student Centers and Activities.