The Media and Culture Committee provides a diverse selection of educational and entertaining events including, but not limited to: lectures, comedy shows, watch parties, and craft projects. Events sponsored by this committee seek to entertain students and to expand their exposure to discussions around trending and relevant topics in pop culture, politics, and humanity. Responsibilities of the Media & Culture Committee include:
- Provide a diverse selection of educational and entertainment programs in a variety of formats including lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on projects
- Provide accessible visual art to the university community
- Organize a variety of skills-based events where students can gain exposure to activities such as painting, knitting, wood carving, etc.
- Provide on-going activities, such as craft events, to help students relieve stress and build community on each campus
- Coordinate large and small-scale comedy and novelty entertainment
- Coordinate large and small-scale film/media entertainment
- Organize movie viewing parties, outdoor screenings, discussions and lectures related to film and TV